Advice on injury prevention and management
Advice and education is key to understanding injury and the rehabilitation process. At Origin Physiotherapy in Tunbridge Wells it is important we form a therapeutic relationship built on trust, honesty and communication to help you get the most out of your sessions.
Your journey starts with the initial assessment where we formalise a plan for you. The plan will include diagnosis and a step by step process of recovery. The process will also make steps to answering the key question – why? Why are you getting the symptoms you’re getting? Once we understand more about the why, the process becomes clearer.
Other common questions answered in clinic include
- “When can I get back to the gym?”
- “Can I exercise despite having pain?”
- “When can I return to work with this injury?”
- “Is it too soon for me to be running with this swelling?”
- “What do I do if my symptoms flare up?”
- “How long can I keep using my elbow as an excuse to get out of doing the washing up at home?”
Self-management is key
Self-management is key to helping you maintain the benefits of physiotherapy for longer and getting back your independence. This will include moving, strengthening, stabilising, stretching and mobilising the body (or body parts) to relieve symptoms and improve function.